Thursday, March 15, 2012

A must read for all road cyclists

I know most of you are probably sick of me bitching about unorganized group rides that blow up 10 miles out of town. I find it hard sometimes though to put my frustrations into words. Luckily there are great articles like this...

The Lost Art of the Group Ride

I struggle to keep our rides under control so that we can initiate those with young legs. Take a couple minutes of your day and give this a read. It will put cycling with a group in perspective and hopefully make our group rides more enjoyable for everyone.

3 comments:

  1. What a great article! I read with interest about the responsibility of the “leaders” to reach out and teach. I am never offended when more seasoned riders mentor me by offering tips. In fact, I wish they would more often. It would prevent the mistakes before I ever make them.
    Putting up this article shows good leadership, thanks Mod. I believe more good leadership is the best way to grow Omaha’s peloton, and make it safer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mod, I would never tire of you bitching about something. And 10 miles out of town? I'd never hear it because I'd only be 8 miles out of town at the time. Seriously. Great article. It reminds me of a Bike Masters Wednesday ride long ago where Marco was riding from front to back to front, inspecting the group and making small adjustments here and there. I learned a lot, but then forgot it when my legs fell off.

    ReplyDelete