Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sunday Road Ride

First thing a couple notes on how I see things going down. I realize everyone is somewhat on their own training program. But what I'd like to avoid are people riding too hard, too early at the front of the group, basically blowing our group ride to bits.

The plan...keep the ride together until we make the turn for home (half way-ish), from that point it's game on. If you want to ride harder earlier on, sit up and drift off the back of the group and chase back up. But please do not go to the front and drill it. It's easier to ride hard in the first 20% of a ride than the last 20% of a ride. And the last time I checked, the race is won at the end, not the beginning.

We'll play the distance by ear, lots of escape routes as noted below. I'm not sure if I've got a hundy in my legs, especially since I'm on a cleanse. Later start too so we can hopefully catch the finish of Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne

What: Road ride through Glenwood and Louisville
Where: Jones Bros. Cupcakes, Aksarben Village
When: Sunday, 10:30AM roll out, come early for coffee (not me, see cleanse)
How Long: 60-100 miles
How Fast: 17-19 to start, steadily increasing

The Route: Glenwood-Louisville 100
The Weather: Stiff Southwest wind all day, temps as of Thursday afternoon will be close to 50. Shorts and heaps of embro? Maybe.
Escape Routes: Lots of escape routes for those not doing the full pull. You can head for home from Pacific Junction, Plattesmouth or Louisville to tweak the mileage more to your liking.


2 comments:

  1. The bike path north of the bridge in Council Bluffs is closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, no pedestrian bridge, South O bridge/Manawa instead

    ReplyDelete